Ultimate Guide to Search Engine Optimization: Drive Traffic, Boost Conversion Rates and Make Lots of Money (Entrepreneur Magazine’s Ultimate Guides)
Ultimate Guide to Search Engine Optimization: Drive Traffic, Boost Conversion Rates and Make Lots of Money (Entrepreneur Magazine's Ultimate Guides)
Turn Your Website into A Marketing Powerhouse!
Author and search engine optimization (SEO) expert, Jon Rognerud unlocks the mystery of SEO and removes the fears of intimidating technology with this step-by-step guide to building a fully optimized web site and a successful, traffic-driving SEO campaign.
Begin by learning how to lay the foundation of your SEO campaign, from building your web site to identifying your market and creating web-savvy content. Next, master the implementation of SEO tools and tactics, including keyword research, linking, and submitting to search engines. Then learn how to apply proven strategies, including using social media, pay-per-click, paid advertising, landing page conversions and much more. This is your guide to gaining exposure and creating a buzz big enough to put a lot of money in your pocket!
Learn how to:
- Create an attractive website with SEO-enriched content
- Choose the right keywords and create an effective seed list
- Use effective tools to identify and attract quality traffic
- Safeguard your site from becoming spam
- Use cutting-edge tactics to gain exposure and land on page 1 of Google
- Create relationships with other sites through linking
- Use social media sites within your online marketing plan
- Turn traffic into sales
Everything you ever needed to build a website and get results is right here-all in one place!
NET MAGAZINE FREE WEB DESIGN STYLE GUIDES DRUPAL UPGRADE SEO TOOLS HTML5 APP CD
End Date: Saturday Jun-01-2013 15:24:06 PDT
Buy It Now for only: US $16.95
Buy it now | Add to watch list
In every bloggers life comes a special day – the day they first launch a new blog. Now unless you went out and purchased someone else’’s blog chances are your blog launched with only one very loyal reader – you. Maybe a few days later you received a few hits when you told your sister, father, girlfriend and best friend about your new blog but that’’s about as far you went when it comes to finding readers.
Here are the top 10 techniques new bloggers can use to find readers. These are tips specifically for new bloggers, those people who have next-to-no audience at the moment and want to get the ball rolling.
It helps if you work on this list from top to bottom as each technique builds on the previous step to help you create momentum. Eventually once you establish enough momentum you gain what is called “traction”, which is a large enough audience base (about 500 readers a day is good) that you no longer have to work too hard on finding new readers. Instead your current loyal readers do the work for you through word of mouth.
Top 10 Tips To Get More Traffic:
10. Write at least five major “pillar” articles. A pillar article is usually a tutorial style article aimed to teach your audience something. Generally they are longer than 500 words and have lots of very practical tips or advice. This article you are currently reading could be considered a pillar article since it is very practical and a good “how-to” lesson. This style of article has long term appeal, stays current (it isn’t news or time dependent) and offers real value and insight. The more pillars you have on your blog the better.
9. Write one new blog post per day minimum. Not every post has to be a pillar, but you should work on getting those five pillars done at the same time as you keep your blog fresh with a daily news or short article style post. The important thing here is to demonstrate to first time visitors that your blog is updated all the time so they feel that if they come back tomorrow they will likely find something new. This causes them to bookmark your site or subscribe to your blog feed.
You don”t have to produce one post per day all the time but it is important you do when your blog is brand new. Once you get traction you still need to keep the fresh content coming but your loyal audience will be more forgiving if you slow down to a few per week instead. The first few months are critical so the more content you can produce at this time the better.
8. Use a proper domain name. If you are serious about blogging be serious about what you call your blog. In order for people to easily spread the word about your blog you need an easily remember able domain name. People often talk about blogs they like when they are speaking to friends in the real world (that’’s the offline world, you remember that place right?) so you need to make it easy for them to spread the word and pass on your URL. Try and get a .com if you can and focus on small easy to remember domains rather than worry about having the correct keywords (of course if you can get great keywords and easy to remember then you”ve done a good job!).
7. Start commenting on other blogs. Once you have your pillar articles and your daily fresh smaller articles your blog is ready to be exposed to the world. One of the best ways to find the right type of reader for your blog is to comment on other people’’s blogs. You should aim to comment on blogs focused on a similar niche topic to yours since the readers there will be more likely to be interested in your blog.
Most blog commenting systems allow you to have your name/title linked to your blog when you leave a comment. This is how people find your blog. If you are a prolific commentor and always have something valuable to say then people will be interested to read more of your work and hence click through to visit your blog.
6. Trackback and link to other blogs in your blog posts. A trackback is sort of like a blog conversation. When you write a new article to your blog and it links or references another blogger’’s article you can do a trackback to their entry. What this does is leave a truncated summary of your blog post on their blog entry – it’’s sort of like your blog telling someone else’’s blog that you wrote an article mentioning them. Trackbacks often appear like comments.
This is a good technique because like leaving comments a trackback leaves a link from another blog back to yours for readers to follow, but it also does something very important – it gets the attention of another blogger. The other blogger will come and read your post eager to see what you wrote about them. They may then become a loyal reader of yours or at least monitor you and if you are lucky some time down the road they may do a post linking to your blog bringing in more new readers.
5. Encourage comments on your own blog. One of the most powerful ways to convince someone to become a loyal reader is to show there are other loyal readers already following your work. If they see people commenting on your blog then they infer that your content must be good since you have readers so they should stick around and see what all the fuss is about. To encourage comments you can simply pose a question in a blog post. Be sure to always respond to comments as well so you can keep the conversation going.
4. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival. A blog carnival is a post in a blog that summarizes a collection of articles from many different blogs on a specific topic. The idea is to collect some of the best content on a topic in a given week. Often many other blogs link back to a carnival host and as such the people that have articles featured in the carnival enjoy a spike in new readers.
To find the right blog carnival for your blog, do a search at http://blogcarnival.com/.
3. Submit your blog to blogtopsites.com. To be honest this tip is not going to bring in a flood of new readers but it’’s so easy to do and only takes five minutes so it’’s worth the effort. Go to Blog Top Sites, find the appropriate category for your blog and submit it. You have to copy and paste a couple of lines of code on to your blog so you can rank and then sit back and watch the traffic come in. You will probably only get 1-10 incoming readers per day with this technique but over time it can build up as you climb the rankings. It all helps!
2. Submit your articles to EzineArticles.com. This is another tip that doesn”t bring in hundreds of new visitors immediately (although it can if you keep doing it) but it’’s worthwhile because you simply leverage what you already have – your pillar articles. Once a week or so take one of your pillar articles and submit it to Ezine Articles. Your article then becomes available to other people who can republish your article on their website or in their newsletter.
How you benefit is through what is called your “Resource Box”. You create your own resource box which is like a signature file where you include one to two sentences and link back to your website (or blog in this case). Anyone who publishes your article has to include your resource box so you get incoming links. If someone with a large newsletter publishes your article you can get a lot of new readers at once.
1. Write more pillar articles. Everything you do above will help you to find blog readers however all of the techniques I”ve listed only work when you have strong pillars in place. Without them if you do everything above you may bring in readers but they won”t stay or bother to come back. Aim for one solid pillar article per week and by the end of the year you will have a database of over 50 fantastic feature articles that will work hard for you to bring in more and more readers.
Do you want to Learn more how to earn a full time income blogging part time? You should try Blog Mastermind by Yaro Starak, a Professional Blogger and My Blog Mentor.
www.miradi.tv – Blogging tips
Article by Stephen Kavita
Observing effective online blogging tips is the secret that bloggers especially beginners seek for, in order to establish trust from their readers. Learning is a continuous process; therefore it is imperative for new bloggers to gradually build their credentials to eventually capture the attention of their target audience.
Establishing connection with bloggers in your market niche is one of the online blogging tips to seriously consider. For example, if your blog is about online money making secrets link up with authors who post articles in the same field. This will not only help you generate traffic to your blog but will greatly contribute in staying informed about better blogging tips.For people just about to launch a blog, visit blogs that discuss on your intended blog theme and post comments. This will ensure that once you start your own blog, visitors will immediately begin steaming to your webpage. Marketing experts will tell you that sharing your ideas and opinions is one of the best online blogging ideas.The existence and survival of a blog is entirely dependent on posting engaging, educative and quality content. Therefore, a crucial element of online blogging tips is studying or researching widely in topics in your related market niche. Staying up-to-date on issues in your blog-sphere will guarantee that you gain online presence thus readers bookmaking your blog link. Relay your valuable information in a captivating manner in order to retain visitors and hence improve your bounce rate. It is true that writing is not easy but as you keep on posting articles you will get better thus grab the attention of your target audience. These are vital online blogging tips that will for sure help you gain credibility and online image.
For more insightful online blogging tips guaranteed to help you get the attention of your target audience, visit the webpage below.
Article by Ben Frank Jr.
Search optimization is the emphasis of many online business owners and cash earners. Anyone that uses a website to do business and earn online knows the superb importance of tapping into the great traffic that the search sites can generate.
As useful as Search Engine Optimization is for building a flourishing web business, it is something that many folks have a tendency to have a tough time with. You can turn to a S.E.O firm to handle your needs, but this may be awfully costly and even worse, the results that many corporations produce are average at best .
To economize and ensure your SEO results are ideal, you’ll opt to go at it alone. Hey, you can get great search engine rankings when you begin to understand how the search engines work and what criteria they use to sort and list internet sites.
I would like to explain the fundamentals of correct search engine optimization practices, and I shall also offer some free S.E.O services that will be extraordinarily valuable to you as you proceed with you venture.
One major component of SEO is selecting and exploiting the best keyphrases. Actually , choosing the proper keywords is the foundation on which your internet site should be built.
The keywords you are going to want to utilise are ones that are low in competition. When a keyword has high competition ( many individuals using that very same keyword ) you do not have an especially great chance at ranking well for it. The technique to get first page listings is to make use of keywords that still target your market, but that has low competition.
This brings me to the 1st one of the free S.E.O services that you can use. It is a keyword selection tool. Tools like this are a big requirement for any internet marketer, but they can cost an arm and a leg. I’ve found one that you can use for free at wordtracker.com. This small tool will be of much worth to you and your internet business and website traffic.
Another important part of S.E.O is link popularity. Attaining several quality in-pointing links is a necessity for any website to get listed and ranked well in the major engines. Link building is a good way to spend some of your time, and it’s something you will improve results with when you do it yourself.
The fastest and most convenient way to accomplish incoming links is by submitting your site to a number of online directories. There are literally thousands and thousands of directories, some are of top of the range and some offer somewhat worthless links. The best resource that i have found for finding the best directories is Info Vile Silencer. Here you’ll find hundreds of the finest free and paid directories that can be used to achieve some desirable links.
Theses two free SEO services can be utilised to boost your ranks at the search engines, thus proving your website with enough traffic to prosper and flourish. Good luck with all your web business ventures.
Wil Reynolds shares free SEO tools with audience at Affiliate Summit.
Related Free SEO Tools Articles
Many people out there starting a business are looking to either get website traffic, or increase site traffic, depending on how they’ve been marketing. There are internet marketing companies that charge thousands and thousands of dollars to increase traffic, especially search engine optimization or SEO traffic. SEO is a great way to increase web traffic and get free targeted traffic to your site.
What I am going to do is share with you some good SEO strategies you can use right away.
Before you go and do ANYTHING, write an article, create a landing page, or do a pay click campaign, you have to do your keyword research if you want to have any chance to getting targeted traffic to your site. If you already have a site up and running, you may want to back track and add those keywords to what you already have.
SEO Strategy # 1
If you wanted free targeted traffic, anything you write, whether it’s web content, article marketing, etc; It has to be keyword enriched. You want to know what people are using to find what they are looking for.
So what keywords should you use?
A super good SEO Tool I know is:
The Google Adwords tool will suggest you words and phrases to you use.
By typing in the keywords say weight loss, it will show you how many people a month are using that keyword phrase to find what they are looking for globally and locally.
SEO Strategy #2
Use long-tailed keywords, 3-4 maybe even 5 words long for your keyword phrases because they are more specific and they have less searches and it will be easier to get to the top of the search engines.
Try to find keywords that are 10-20,000 locally and 30,000-40,000 globally to start.
For weight loss, you can pick:
Healthy weight loss diet
Weight loss for men
Walking weight loss
SEO Strategy #3
Use those phrases for every 5 words, in a hundred words, there should be twenty, keyword enriched phrases in them. You have to satisfy both the search engine and the reader as well.
Another good SEO Tool from Google is:
This will give the price of how much the keyword phrase would cost to run a Adwords or Pay Per Click Campaign.
And the last SEO Tool from Google would be:
Typing in the keywords will give you and idea of the demand is on the internet based on search terms.
With these 3 SEO tools and SEO strategies, you will be able to increase your site traffic for sure.
I even used these tools to look for keywords to put into this article.
Think of these methods as a way of reaching out to your audiences and saying, “This is where I am. Come on over and let’s chat.”
Tip #1- Technorati Your BlogHaving your blog “claimed” at Technorati offers you several advantages including the opportunity to add your branding or photograph to Technorati where it is visible to millions of viewers who visit this popular site daily. You can also see your Technorati link and get updated link counts.
Tip #2- Ping Your BlogA few sites, including weblogs.com, ZingFast and Yahoo’s blo.gs offer pinging services. When you sign up for their pinging services, these sites send out a “ping” to inform other pinging sites every time your blog is updated. Viewers who happen to be visiting any other site with pinging services will see your ‘newly updated blog’ flash across the side of the screen.
Tip #3- Bookmark your Blog Create profiles at one or several social bookmarking sites such as del.icio.us. Adding links to your blog as well as excerpts from your blog to your del.icio.us profile increases your visibility among the readership of that site. Interested traffic will click on to your link and come visit your site.
Tip #4- FeedBurner your BlogFeedBurner, which is an RSS service, helps you promote your blog’s content along with building and measuring your audience, all of which help increase traffic to your blog.
Tip #5- Keyword your Blog Think of your blog as a regular web page and include keywords into your blog postings. As any self-respecting web site owner knows, keywords hold the key to attracting the eye of the spider. Don’t overdo it though; ‘keyword-stuffing’ is considered bad news. 2-6 keywords in a 200-word blog posting is respectable and effective. Make sure the keywords are relevant to your blog; you want quality traffic not just a stamped of people passing through.
Tip #6- Link your Blog Encourage reciprocal linking. Look for blogs on topics similar to yours or associated with yours, contact the blog owners and make them an offer they can’t refuse. Offer to put a link back to their blog on yours and ask if they would do the same for you on their blog. It’s a win-win situation for both of you and works like a charm to increase the traffic to your site.